[Tfug] Dell MegaraidSAS disk problem AyZACAw6YA

Nick Lopez nick at glowingmonkey.org
Thu Feb 2 16:15:49 MST 2017

> On Feb 2, 2017, at 3:25 PM, Adrian <choprboy at dakotacom.net> wrote:
>
> There are no options for JBOD/raid-less in the controller firmware. Megaraid
> controller not releasing the drives to the OS or something else?
  yup, you either create raid volumes, or you might be able to switch the whole controller to JBOD mode. PERCs/MegaRAIDs haven’t let you expose JBOD drives unmolested. If they drives are blank, or at least not full, you can create 1 drive RAID0’s on each one, but I think that wipes out the partition table as well as the RAID metadata space at the end of the drive.
  I might have a SAS6iR card you can borrow that might still fit the newer servers’ RAID slot