[Tfug] Dell MegaraidSAS disk problem AyZACAw6YA

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Thu Feb 2 15:25:23 MST 2017

Anybody currently using an R-series Dell with access to individual SAS drives
(i.e. not part of a volume)?

I am trying to do some debugging of some drives on a stripped server with no
RAID setup. Megaraid_sas driver loaded and finds card. Bus scans and correctly
IDs drives and backplane. But only the backplane gets setup as a block device.
I can not get Linux to recognize/init a block device for the individual
drives.

There are no options for JBOD/raid-less in the controller firmware. Megaraid
controller not releasing the drives to the OS or something else?

Adrian

.... TFUG list now rejecting submissions as "mail appears to be
unsolicited"....