[Tfug] And another one down

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Sat Sep 7 12:21:23 MST 2013

Awhile back I was dealing with another hard drive failure on my vdr
system. Seagate drives. Welllll. Yesterday I was noticing a sound coming
from the computers that sounded like drives being accessed but no lights
in. Hearing it this morning too and thought maybe a fan was going out.
But then I check my mail:

-------------------------------

This email was generated by the smartd daemon running on:

    host name: x64VDR
   DNS domain: tdl
   NIS domain: (none)

The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:

Device: /dev/sdc, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

For details see host's SYSLOG.

You can also use the smartctl utility for further investigation.
Another email message will be sent in 24 hours if the problem persists.

This email was generated by the smartd daemon running on:

    host name: x64VDR
   DNS domain: tdl
   NIS domain: (none)

The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:

Device: /dev/sdc, 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors