[Tfug] seeking MySQL DBA

der.hans TFUG at LuftHans.com
Fri Sep 6 22:40:05 MST 2013

みoin moin,

Limelight has an opening for a junior MySQL DBA. Our data services team
maintains lots of MySQL servers along with big data systems ( e.g.
Cassandra and MongoDB ) and messaging ( RabbitMQ ). The team would be
happy to have a senior MySQL DBA if that works out :).

I do not yet have a URL for the job, the position just opened this week.
Contact me directly if you're interested.

Aside from experience with GNU/Linux and MySQL, experience with any of the
following is beneficial: clustering ( corosync, pacemaker, drbd ),
RabbitMQ, Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop/HBase, PostgreSQL and Bacula.

We also have an opening to expand our big data support. Cassandra, MongoDB
and Hadoop/HBase experience with or without a MySQL background would be a
match for that.

Both positions support 100% GNU/Linux environments, specifically Ubuntu.

Both positions will be part of the weekly on call rotation.

Limelight's corporate office is at the north end of Mill Ave across from
the mill in Tempe.

Our data services team is distributed, so expect most communication to be
via irc and email. This also means we don't require candidates to be in or
move to the valley. They just need skills and a good connection to the
Internet.

Speaking of big data, PLUG has a presentation on scalable log aggregation,
searching and reporting this coming Thursday in Chandler.

Desert Breeze Substation: 251 North Desert Breeze Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/118370136707822714534/events/cq089psnra2kfpmgf78hechgv5o

http://phxlinux.org/meetings/14-east-valley-meeting/123-plug-topic-for-9-12.html

ciao,

der.hans
#  If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
#  you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
#  I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
#  two ideas. -- George Bernard Shaw