[Tfug] Hotplugging, (Was The 3.5.7 kernel)

John Gruenenfelder jetpackjohn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 23:45:20 MST 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM, erich <erich1 at copper.net> wrote:
> The more I look at this problem, the more I think
> that it cannot be solved remotely.
>
> You see, I'm trying to troubleshoot  this machine over
> my LAN, and in a world without HAL that may not
> be possible.
>
> This new machine of mine runs a command I've never
> seen before:
>
> rose ~ # ck-list-sessions
>
> I'm working on this box from Session2
>
> 'is-local = TRUE' and
> apparently
> x11-display-device = '/dev/tty7'
>
> must be present in the session before hotplugging will work
> has anyone else seen this command?

Hmmm, I don't recognize this command either, but if I might ask, if
you are remote then why the need for hotplugging?  If you are remote
doesn't this preclude the ability to insert new hardware and have udev
work its magic?

And, if this is the case, won't you need to load any kernel modules
via modprobe regardless?

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for Palm OS  --  http://weaselreader.org