[Tfug] OT: Plumbing

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 21:53:53 MST 2013

Hi Timothy,

On 2/21/2013 5:52 PM, Timothy D. Lenz wrote:

> It works ok. Our water is just so bad because of the CAP water being
> mixed in.

Understood.

> There is a prefilter to the system that has to have the
> cartrage replaced every 3-4 months or so or we still get a problem hard
> water.

I thought "filters" didn't really affect the mineral content of the
water.  Rather, dealt with odor, clarity, bacteria, toxins, chlorine,
etc. (e.g., it is wise to install one upstream of a traditional
softener to protect the resin from the active chlorine).

> We also have a charcoal prefilter after the partical filter or
> the water smells like a swimming pool.

Hmmm... I am guessing water in individual parts of town doesn't
all "come from the same place"?  (if not, then how is *my* water
supply "treated" to yield the same quality level as *yours*?)

E.g., I know this neighborhood used to be on a "private well"
until the owners sold the well to the City some years back.
But, I had assumed that, since then, all the water went into
the "same pipe"?