[Tfug] PwnPlug

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 4 17:11:58 MST 2013

Hi Steve,

On 8/4/2013 3:26 PM, Steve B wrote:
> There was one prebuilt thing quite a while back - Dreamcast Phone Home.
> Supposedly there was an i386 live CD but all the images I've located online
> were corrupted.

How so, "corrupted"?  I.e., bad checksums?  Truncated ISO?  etc.

> If there are no prebuilt distro's then a good tutorial.
> Something that has you install a distro, helps you write the scripts, etc.
> Based on the PPT and video I found from DCPH's presentation at DefCon it
> looks like either the scripts go through a series of tests to locate the
> open ports and then tunnels back to the destination. However, in none of
> the material I've seen or read does it indicate how the destination is
> defined. Do you code it into the script; do you connect to the device once
> installed and configure it?

The Pwn Plug allows you to specify an IP or hostname for the
"remote" host (i.e., the host "on the outside" that you want the
device to try to contact).

Search for "PwnplugManual_1.1.pdf" and grep "Typical deployment
scenario" therein.

(I can email you a copy if you can't find it online)

The rest of the manual is also helpful to give you an idea
of the tools available in the distro as well as how you
would use them.

HTH,
--don