[Tfug] Providers?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 10:20:07 MST 2012

I've used both consumer Cox and business Cox.  I have had no problem with either.  I've used them in Metro Phoenix (6 years) and Tucson (4 years).

Currently I have a business account that allows me to run a server.  It cost about $25 more than the consumer product.  I have my phone with them also.  Phone cost is low.  It is the taxes that make the phone so expensive.  I get unlimited national calling and voice mail... etc.  Distinct ringing is $2/mo, which allows me to have a fax number for $2/mo. If a fax comes through while on the phone, it goes to voice mail.  I can then have it sent to my fax number.

All together I think I pay $118 a month for Internet and Phone.  Seems kind of pricy, however I am on a business plan that allows me to run one or more servers with NO blocked ports AND I went with a higher up and down transfer rate AND I have unlimited domestic long distance.

Looks like they are running a special right now.  If you have a cellular and you do not talk much then that is the way I would go.

I know several people who have vonage, however I see their pricing has increased and they require a contract.   The nice thing about vonage, from my understanding is you can take it with you.  You phone number is the same no mater where you go, as long as you can plug it into an internet connection.

I should also say I has Quest Dial up and DSL about 10 years ago and had no problem with them.  My main problem was with their router that would over heat.

Keith Smith