[Tfug] Providers?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 09:55:12 MST 2012

Hi,

Looking for suggestions/advice/horror stories re: local
provider (home) options.  We're currently with QWest but
contemplating kicking them out (inet *and* phone) and
looking for another option.

We're not big "consumers" so that makes the decision a
bit harder.

E.g., we watch little to *no* TV (and, what we do is available
OTA).  We make (and receive) few phone calls -- NONE of them
long distance.  And, our internet needs could almost be
handled successfully with a (56K) dialup line (though dialup
services IME are notoriously flakey).

I guess that means Cox/Comcast?  (Q:  do both providers serve
*all* of Tucson or do they have different service areas?)

So, what's the quality of their service (phone + inet)?  And,
what sort of equipment requirements (we're not keen on renting
something that *should* be part of the service!)?

Any other options that we should consider?

Thx!
--don