[Tfug] USB hang

Zack Breckenridge zbrdge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:58:48 MST 2012

Erich,

Hi my name is Zack. Long time free Unix user, and Tucson resident, new to
this list.

>From your description, it sounds like the SATA disk may be dead. Usual hard
disk failure... Also, it also sounds like the version of Knoppix you're
booting from might have an old kernel that doesn't support either your USB
controller (properly anyway), or your Network card or both. So 3 questions:

1) what version of MythTV was this?
2) what is the output of "uname -a" in your Knoppix?
3) can you provide "dmesg" output (from the newest live CD you can get your
hands on)?

Thanks!

Zack Breckenridge