[Tfug] sun java + apt-get tomcat?

Nathan Hruby nhruby at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:06:40 MST 2011

Hi,

In the Red Hat / RPM world there's a project called "jpackage" [1]
that has a "sun-jdk nosrc" package [2] that will take the binary
installer from Sun, and turn it into a sensibly packaged set of RPMs
(that's parallel installable, even!).  Have you checked around to see
if such a thing exists for Ubuntu?

HTH,

-n

1 - http://www.jpackage.org/