[Tfug] Laptop options

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Fri Nov 18 14:34:32 MST 2011

Has anyone found a source for new laptops with standard (4:3) LCD screens? I'm
looking for a new laptop with a ~15" screen and approx resolution of
1400x1050. I don;t really care what processor, just something with a DVD and
descent battery life. This is a laptop to work on, every day, for many hours
a day. It seem like all the current offerings have gone exclusively
widescreen, which are utterly useless for doing actual work. After a month of
searching I'm about to give up and just by a Mac to strip and put Linux on...

Adrian