[Tfug] Looking for PCIe Video, Audio cards & an internal FAST disk drive recommendations

erich erich1 at copper.net
Sat Jan 15 08:36:18 MST 2011

OK,
         I've had some measure of success integrating a PCIe card that I
bought @ SWS

PCIe card: HVR-1250    ~ $50

         Once again manufacturers kow-tow to Micro$oft & Apple leaving
the rest of
us who are highly skilled and educated to reverse engineer the darn thing.

          This thing is so new that I actually had to wait for the Linux
community to
catch up to it. I bought it about 10 months ago. As has happened on another
occasion with me, the Ubuntu community got it right. For the record, none
of my systems use Ubuntu.

          Adding to the confusion there are at least two versions of the
HVR-1250
card out there with slightly different chipsets. for me the PCI address is:

         02:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems Inc,
Device 8880 (Rev 4)

         If you get a card that has the same PCI address I can help you.

Cheers,

Erich