[Tfug] OT: Outdoor displays

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 13:23:50 MST 2010

Hi Terence,

> How about a PC Came pointed at the display connected to
> a large display that could be see by the opperator.  Or

That's no different (in terms of the display issues) than
mounting an LCD someplace visible.  I.e., your "large
display" will suffer from the same environmental/vandalism
issues that an LCD would.

> WIFI to a notebook in the cab ?

Yes, as I mentioned, that means putting a laptop in the
forklift and hoping *that* doesn't get trashed, stolen or
toasted sitting out in the elements (a forklift can be
outside while it is raining; a laptop can't)