[Tfug] OT: Outdoor displays

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 14:09:10 MST 2010

Hi Robert,

> No expensive "smart" phones
> necessary:  Do you guys have alphanumeric
> pagers, or cell phones with SMS plans?

WC itself doesn't have "anything".  Folks who work their use
their own personal phones.  I'm sure there are a dozen pagers
sitting *in* the recycle bin -- but no "service" to use them.

This shouldn't *need* anything "outside" the organization.
It's a simple problem -- just complicated by the environmental
issues and (real) possibility of vandalism.  E.g., a display
device that can deal with the temperature extremes (bank
"time and temperature display") or short distance radio link
(e.g., I can probably do it with the radio in a wireless
mouse!)