[Tfug] Another CC* weighs in....

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 10:18:03 MST 2010

Paul,

I agree.  Thank you for your courage.

------------------------

Keith Smith

--- On Tue, 6/15/10, Paul Steinbach <MIS at samlevitz.com> wrote:

From: Paul Steinbach <MIS at samlevitz.com>
Subject: [Tfug] Another CC* weighs in....
To: tfug at tfug.org
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 9:44 AM

At the risk of getting flamed (ironic in a discussion of hell)...

Personally I am bothered by the use of the word hell treated so casually because it excludes me as a Christian conservative.  The word hell to me is not funny.  The word damn is not funny to me.  Unnecessary use of these are more serious and more offensive to me than the f-bomb.  Treating these words casually trivializes my beliefs in this forum in the same way that a church elder telling me I can't be a good Christian because I am not friendly enough trivializes my faith at church.  It emphasizes differences.

I am a geek.  I have much in common with the posters here - often  more than the people at church.  Some of you know me from WorldCare or SimplyBits.  I am have friends across the philosophical spectrum.  I enjoy the posts even if I lurk more than I post.  I just ask that you remember us minority members when you post the header.  Some of us have beliefs that are a subgenus of geek.  And we promise not to post the joke about the busload of atheists going over a cliff...

-- Paul Steinbach
MIS Manager
Sam Levitz Furniture

E-mail: MIS at samlevitz.com