[Tfug] Another CC* weighs in....

Paul Steinbach MIS at samlevitz.com
Tue Jun 15 09:44:12 MST 2010

At the risk of getting flamed (ironic in a discussion of hell)...

Personally I am bothered by the use of the word hell treated so casually
because it excludes me as a Christian conservative.  The word hell to me
is not funny.  The word damn is not funny to me.  Unnecessary use of
these are more serious and more offensive to me than the f-bomb.
Treating these words casually trivializes my beliefs in this forum in
the same way that a church elder telling me I can't be a good Christian
because I am not friendly enough trivializes my faith at church.  It
emphasizes differences.

I am a geek.  I have much in common with the posters here - often  more
than the people at church.  Some of you know me from WorldCare or
SimplyBits.  I am have friends across the philosophical spectrum.  I
enjoy the posts even if I lurk more than I post.  I just ask that you
remember us minority members when you post the header.  Some of us have
beliefs that are a subgenus of geek.  And we promise not to post the
joke about the busload of atheists going over a cliff...

--
Paul Steinbach
MIS Manager

E-mail: MIS at samlevitz.com