[Tfug] Slightly OT but also funny as hell.

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 06:13:35 MST 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 5:57 AM, Zack Williams <zdwzdw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My first thought was "unplug, pull the battery, hold it over an empty
>> sink and drown it with half a bottle or so of rubbing alcohol poured
>> everywhere, then let dry".  But I figured I'd better do a sanity check
>> on that concept.
>
> That would leave dead bug carcasses in the machine, which sounds
> unpleasant/bad for airflow.   I also am not a fan of pouring anything,
> especially something that is a decent solvent, into a computer...

Yeah...well I didn't mention it, but the bugs involved are TINY...some
kind of little red suckers...so...carcasses inside is less of an
issue...?

> I'd pull the thing apart to the extent that you are able and blow it
> out with compressed air.  So as not to wreck fan bearings/fan power
> headers, before doing this jam the fans with a spudger/toothpick/etc.

Well...ghaaa, I'd rather not drive all the way across town for this
idiotic situation.

(Scratches head...)

I'm also concerned that there may be eggs left behind?

Jim