[Tfug] Web 2.0 for business?

Paul Steinbach MIS at samlevitz.com
Fri Jul 2 13:03:55 MST 2010

Opportunity for collective brain dump....

Sam Levitz has set up a Jive sandbox.  Jive is an attempt to translate
the success of Web 2.0 tools like Facebook, Twitter et al to creating
business communities.  From what I have read, the utility of such tools
for business has been unclear at best.

It appears to me that the swing to smart phones and portable phones will
lead to people expecting to make instant contact with anyone who
provides any service to them.  Companies without well-designed tools
will be at a competitive disadvantage.

What do you predict will happen with tools such as this?  What features/
functionality will prove most useful?  Which non-technology companies
seem to be doing such things well?  How could this help an old-fashioned
brick-and-mortar company?

Full Disclosure: Any great ideas may be shamelessly copied and
implemented for the benefit of the company.  Some would say we need all
the help we can get.

--
Paul Steinbach
MIS Manager