[Tfug] Unreachable static IP

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 07:06:23 MST 2009

> I used the services at cqcounter.com to run traceroute from a computer
> outside of the network, and that's how I discovered that the computer
> was unreachable. The whois query on that page did manage to find the
> associated hostname when I entered the IP address.

Are you sure that your destination device isn't blocking the ICMP
packets from traceroute/ping?  This is a common "security" feature
that often breaks troubleshooting...

Is there some service issue with the connection - do hosts behind the
router not have an internet connection?   Are there other
services/open ports that are offered through that router that aren't
working?

> Server1 and Server2 can also not reach the linksys router. They also
> have static ips. I've been told that the oneaccess router is
> completely unconfigurable by us. I guess the isp provided it and
> doesn't allow us access to it.

Is the WAN subnet mask set correctly on the linksys router?

- Zack