[Tfug] windows to linux

earljviolet at deserthowler.com earljviolet at deserthowler.com
Sat Sep 26 07:29:28 MST 2009

Rocco,

I tried Fedora 10 live CD on my PIII 1GHz with 384 MB memory.  I am
looking for a distro for some World Care machines.  The CD booted went
through the loading routine but ended up in a very colorful striped
pattern on the screen.  I had Ubuntu 9.04 on this machine and later loaded
Mandriva Spring.  The CD worked on my P4 and dual core laptop very well.
Fedora CD recognized a different maximum screen resolution for my monitor
(1700) than Ubuntu (1600) or Mandriva (1400).

My general experience is Liz might be better served by trying the Live CD
first.  The extra time invested might be worth while.

Earl