[Tfug] karmic test iso

Dennis McCormick macsinitial65haus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 16:32:59 MST 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Nathan England <nathan at paysonlinux.org> wrote:

> Hello Hello,
>
> I have downloaded several karmic test iso files now and none of them are
> installing!! They are failing during the initial base layout because the discs
> do not contain dpkg!!!
>
> I am not a big fan of any of the buntu distros, but I do enjoy playing with
> them once they come out. I despise their KDE setup, and I just don't care for
> Gnome. I will admit it is by far the best Gnome distro there is. Nothing
> compares to the care they have taken to make Gnome nice, however, I am just
> not a Gnome person. I really like my KDE.
>
> Anyway, not sure what the point of that was, I am trying to play with the
> Alpha of Karmic and every iso I download passes all the tests, but will not
> install. Is there an "official" karmic alpha test iso I should use? I have
> been downloading the daily builds from their site.
>
> nathan

Nathan, this Sunday at 3 pm theTucson Computer Society's Linux SIG is
meeting at the Pima County Medical Society building, see www.aztcs.org
for location. While the meeting is for members only, there is a free
three-month membership deal available to new visitors. Bring your
computer along and we'll see what can be done.

Dennis McCormick    Linux SIG co-leader