[Tfug] karmic test iso

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu Sep 24 21:49:52 MST 2009

Hello Hello,

I have downloaded several karmic test iso files now and none of them are
installing!! They are failing during the initial base layout because the discs
do not contain dpkg!!!

I am not a big fan of any of the buntu distros, but I do enjoy playing with
them once they come out. I despise their KDE setup, and I just don't care for
Gnome. I will admit it is by far the best Gnome distro there is. Nothing
compares to the care they have taken to make Gnome nice, however, I am just
not a Gnome person. I really like my KDE.

Anyway, not sure what the point of that was, I am trying to play with the
Alpha of Karmic and every iso I download passes all the tests, but will not
install. Is there an "official" karmic alpha test iso I should use? I have
been downloading the daily builds from their site.

nathan