[Tfug] windows to Linux

Kyle Scofield KScofield at ecgrp.com
Wed Sep 23 15:13:28 MST 2009

A linux live CD allows you to run a full functionally linux environment
from a cd without touching anything on your hard drive.

A linux install cd allows you to install the operating system to your
hard drive.

Most distro's (including Fedora, which I think is what you said you were
using) now include a live cd option on the install cd. So you can boot
to the live cd to make sure all your hardware is supported before you
install anything to your hard drive.

A well known live cd would be knoppix which is made especially for that
purpose.

--Kyle