[Tfug] windows to Linux

Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com
Wed Sep 23 15:40:26 MST 2009

cool idea!  Thanks Kyle.

Respectfully,
Liz, Data Base Architect/Developer,
Methods Engineering

Kyle Scofield <KScofield at ecgrp.com>
Sent by: <tfug-bounces at tfug.org>
09/23/2009 03:13 PM
Please respond to
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

"Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Tfug] windows to Linux

A linux live CD allows you to run a full functionally linux environment
from a cd without touching anything on your hard drive.

A linux install cd allows you to install the operating system to your hard
drive.

Most distro?s (including Fedora, which I think is what you said you were
using) now include a live cd option on the install cd. So you can boot to
the live cd to make sure all your hardware is supported before you install
anything to your hard drive.

A well known live cd would be knoppix which is made especially for that
purpose.

--Kyle