[Tfug] windows to Linux

Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com
Wed Sep 23 10:30:23 MST 2009

Hi Kyle,

I want to wipe out everything in windows.

I put the CD in to boot, and it goes through the gyrations and then gives
me some weird error message of "no disk found".

I got in to bios and ran a full disk scan and it coms out clean.

I also deleted my D: partition for recovery, as well as some type of
unidentified partition, that I was wondering got created from the linux
install.

Oh.  Fedora Redhat.

Thanks!

Respectfully,
Liz, Data Base Architect/Developer,
Methods Engineering

Kyle Scofield <KScofield at ecgrp.com>
Sent by: <tfug-bounces at tfug.org>
09/23/2009 09:52 AM
Please respond to
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

"Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Tfug] windows to linux

Liz-
  Are you intending to just wipe everything in windows and install linux?
Or keep your data and install linux?

If you want to wipe everything, most install media you boot to should give
you the option to wipe all partitions (not just linux partitions).

Are you able to boot to cd and failing then? Or are you not able to boot
to cd?

--Kyle