[Tfug] Scripting Question

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Sun May 10 07:59:53 MST 2009

> Not to get too personal, but if my girlfriend says she needs to use the computer, I hit the "panic" button, which would button things up, shuffle the files around, cp stuff, umount disks, etc. and also return permissions of cp, mount, and chmod to their proper state.  So, the "panic" button would function only once, called "closer".

Heh, is this the result of some bad experience in the past? Do tell. :-)

I think properly configured permissions prevent normal users from
messing up your system but experience may show otherwise. Anyway,
another option for your panic button would be to chroot to a special,
very limited environment just for "dangerous" users. :-)

James

--
"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on
defending a false image."