[Tfug] Apple Mac OS X: tool of Godless Darwinists and Communist / TROLL ALERT?

Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com
Tue Jun 23 13:34:17 MST 2009

Hi Don,

Yes, "or the proper mindset/model"  is an important thing to consider.

I just cannot wrap my brain around some of this quantum physics stuff and
then sometimes I wonder if we're just continuing on our current
assumptions.

There was a lecture last month at the U of A on the physics behind Angels
and Demons - antimatter - the LHC - ...  but I really got confused,
amazed, and quite skeptical when the presentor said that although we don't
know what the Higgs Boson looks like nor what behavior we could expect -
that we'd know it when we found it.   I'll have to find how he said it
since I wrote it down.  Weird. though.

and then I wonder how much is really a product of our mathematics when our
mathematics is inately inadequte since reality is really irrational
numbers anyay, and how we decide to frame it is based on the precision and
scale of the numbers we use to represent it.  If mathematics can yield
such far off results based on 4 decimal positions out, then what can a
full pi really do?  Gosh, going in to zen mode - yet again.

I should sing now...  "It's zen again..."

Respectfully,
Liz, Data Base Administrator,
Methods Engineering

Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com>
Sent by: tfug-bounces at tfug.org
06/23/2009 01:18 PM
Please respond to
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Tfug] Apple Mac OS X: tool of Godless Darwinists and Communist     /
TROLL ALERT?

Hi, Liz,

--- On Tue, 6/23/09, Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com wrote:

> "supernatural" to me, just
> means we lack adequate instrumentation to measure.

... or, the proper mindset/model with which to approach the
problem.

IMO, that's what makes science (or, in my case, engineering)
so *exciting* -- no matter how far down you dig, there's
always something just out of reach... *deeper*!

I am chagrined at how "quaint" my childhood understanding
of atoms was:  electrons, protons and neutrons.  Jeez, why
didn't anyone ever *think* of qualifying that explanation
to us with "... SO FAR!".

You've got to marvel at the types of folks who spend their lives
dealing with these incredibly intangible things.  And, *they*
being further burdened with the knowledge that they will *never*
"get to the bottom" of it all.

The scene in Jurassic Park where the paleontologists (?) first
set eyes on the living dinosaurs, to me, is incredibly intense.
Imagine what must be going through those folks' minds: they
have spent their lives studying things they *KNOW* they will
never get to see... I mean *really* KNOW that fact -- then,
suddenly, they're *there* in front of them

(sure, its fiction.  But, really try to think about what that
situation *would* be like -- sort of like a physicist/cosmologist
finding the bottom-most turtle!)

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

This email (and all attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain privileged and/or proprietary information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply