[Tfug] Apple Mac OS X: tool of Godless Darwinists and Communist / TROLL ALERT?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 13:18:26 MST 2009

Hi, Liz,

--- On Tue, 6/23/09, Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com wrote:

> "supernatural" to me, just
> means we lack adequate instrumentation to measure.

... or, the proper mindset/model with which to approach the
problem.

IMO, that's what makes science (or, in my case, engineering)
so *exciting* -- no matter how far down you dig, there's
always something just out of reach... *deeper*!

I am chagrined at how "quaint" my childhood understanding
of atoms was:  electrons, protons and neutrons.  Jeez, why
didn't anyone ever *think* of qualifying that explanation
to us with "... SO FAR!".

You've got to marvel at the types of folks who spend their lives
dealing with these incredibly intangible things.  And, *they*
being further burdened with the knowledge that they will *never*
"get to the bottom" of it all.

The scene in Jurassic Park where the paleontologists (?) first
set eyes on the living dinosaurs, to me, is incredibly intense.
Imagine what must be going through those folks' minds: they
have spent their lives studying things they *KNOW* they will
never get to see... I mean *really* KNOW that fact -- then,
suddenly, they're *there* in front of them

(sure, its fiction.  But, really try to think about what that
situation *would* be like -- sort of like a physicist/cosmologist
finding the bottom-most turtle!)