[Tfug] A symlinks question, I think?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 06:09:18 MST 2009

> Whose cameras are you using (make/model)?  I'm looking to
> buy some RSN...

As an additional datapoint, I've used both analog an IP cameras.

For analog, BTTV-drivered cards work OK, better if you have the more
expensive ones with a single chip per input, you'll get much better
better performance.  Locally, Elliot's electronics has a good
selection of analog cameras.

For IP, I've had good luck with both Axis (very expensive) and
Trendnet (very cheap) cameras.

Overall, I'd recommend going IP only if you're working up from
nothing, if only to reduce wire mess behind the computer.

- Zack