[Tfug] A symlinks question, I think?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 20:29:03 MST 2009

Cheapo Swann cameras, last pair were in a two-pack labeled "twin value
pack", Swann "DIY" series.  Part number is SW-P-HSK and there's also
"SW216-HSK-13110".  Should be able to ID 'em from those.

They're not half bad.  They have a circle of IR transmitter LEDs
surrounding the lens, and work OK at 320x240 NTSC color.  I'm driving
them with a pair of Haupagge BT878-based cards, one 3-port (2000 date)
and one 4-port from 2003.  The ordering of the ports was screwy, took
me a minute to figure that one out, at one point I had a conflict
between them and the same image on two cameras.  Oops.

But I've got all 7 going now, using a strong single-core Athlon 64 CPU
and 1gig RAM, pulling about 3fps a camera.  Good enough.

Jim