[Tfug] Anybody experienced with Sidux?

Richard Lamoreaux rlumpy at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 16:49:11 MST 2009

I am using Sidux on two computers, my Toshiba laptop and my granddaughter's old Compaq desktop. It is a pleasure to use and I haven't run into any software that needs to access the other distributions.

I did have to add to my apt repository list:

# Marillat For info visit http://www.debian-multimedia.org
# Unstable
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
#deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main

Sidux recommends you only add software  apt-get at the command line with KDE disabled. They provide a script that will do most of what you want, including upgrades and new kernels: smxi.

( I do use synaptic to search repositories and sometimes add software, but that may be living dangerously)

I had been using Mepis (and still have it on two machines), but I wanted cutting edge drivers and libraries, so tried Sidux.

You can try it out with their latest live distribution.

Rich Lamoreaux

From: "Jim March" <1.jim.march at gmail.com>