[Tfug] Anybody experienced with Sidux?

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Wed Jan 7 19:31:38 MST 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 03:17:34PM -0700, Jim March wrote:
>One big question I haven't got an answer for yet: let's say an app
>hasn't changed for a while but it's still usable.  Let's say it's in
>the Debian Stable repos but isn't in "testing" or "unstable" simply
>because it hasn't changed lately.  Will that package still be
>accessible in Sid/unstable?  Or would I have to add stable or testing
>repos that could damage Sid/unstable?

Debian operates off a pool of packages of which the various versions are just
snapshots in time (more or less).

The pool/* directory structure contains all of the packages for all of
Debian.  Various index files describe which of those packages currently make
"stable", "unstable", etc.

Unless a package has been specifically removed from Debian (for example,
because it is hopelessly broken), it will be present in all flavors of debian
at one version or another.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://weaselreader.org