[Tfug] Hackable phone?

Steve Franks franks at rudbek.com
Wed Feb 25 13:20:26 MST 2009

> phone part is not yet working.  I heard today on #htc-linux that there
> is at least 1 person still working on getting the Apache going.  And,
> if any of the HTC's have phone, maybe it wouldn't be hard to port.  It
> seems like if they're able to hack WM to work, then maybe it can be
> reverse engineered to discover how the phone works.

That's good news.  It's a great hardware platform, and they've become
pretty cheap now that they are last year's deal.  The phone is a self
contained thing from qualcom (so I hear) that just talks serial.
You'd think someone would have sniffed that protocol by now.  I
thought maybe they had done so for newer phones, I still suspect the
issue with the Apache is mostly atrophy.  I'd give my left #$! to get
linux on the thing (short of actually figuring it out myself ;)

Steve