[Tfug] RDP

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 28 22:34:48 MST 2009

Hi Jeremy,

> > I have a couple of appliances that speak RDP (I think).
> > I would like to get them running on my NBSD boxes.  But,
> > that appears to be a daunting effort (too many little
> > details that I am not even *aware* of!).
>
> Which part is daunting? The BSD bit or something else?

IIRC, I have to run something *under* X to provide RDP.
I can't recall offhand -- last time I started looking into
this it seemed like there were some big holes in the
documentation which left me with the impression:  get it
working under windows, first (since I assume this is where
it sees lots of use)

> These appliances are running an RDP server and you want to
> connect?

No, they are clients.  I want to know what incantations to
cast on my W2KS box in order to get it to *accept* connections.
Then, stumble through the vagaries of these appliances to
see how *they* relate to the wintel implementation.

> Have you tried connecting with an RDP client in Linux? I

I don't run Linux.  :>

> use RDP all
> the time in linux using either krdp which has undergone
> some weird
> changes along with all other kde stuff lately, or other
> clients. Seems to work mostly fine.

I don't run KDE, either (too bloated for what it provides)