[Tfug] The Video Where Richard Stallman Eats His Toe Cheese

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 00:57:58 MST 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Bowie J. Poag<bpoag at comcast.net> wrote:

> In case you missed it..
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ
>
> I have never seen a more accurate portrayal of the state of the Linux
> community than in this video. One guy drones endlessly about crap that
> doesn't matter, while another one promptly sits down on stage pulls his sock
> off and starts eating his toe cheese, while a third guy films it.

Yup.  Classic Aspergers.

Funny thing, that...Bill Gates is even more bonkers in that direction
than Stallman.  I mean yeah, Gates is smart enough to wear shoes, but
there's video available of him rocking back and forth in board meets
and such in typical full-on autistic fashion.  He's a massive
Asperger's case and yeah, likely so is Stallman.

Silicon Valley oughta be renamed "the town (sorta) that Asperger's
built".  A huge percentage of us are at least semi-antisocial geeks.
This is a news flash?  Seriously?

Hell, I'll give you another: one of the diagnostic questions for
Aspergers is "were you beat up a lot as a kid?" - because combine
funky (at best) social skills with poor coordination and you get a
bully magnet from hell.

So about half this list is, at least partially as a result, bigtime
into guns and trying not to freak the Quakers on the list out too
badly :).

Freaky and geeky and a bit socially abnormal IS normal in high tech.
So what's your point?

> As for Linux, stick a fork in it. It's done. Its time to look > for something new.

Yeah, sure.  Let's all dodge lightning bolts from heaven aimed by
Steve Jobs and company all day long.  Suuure.  Nut.  :)