[Tfug] The Video Where Richard Stallman Eats His Toe Cheese

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Sat Aug 1 01:08:06 MST 2009

:)

It's doubtful i'll ever buy Apple hardware.  They've made a killing by
taking overpriced commodity hardware and slapping a shiny logo on it.
It's their downfall, really. Their choice to use supply-chain hardware
has bit them in the ass, in that right now, I can go to Best Buy, pay
$325 for a Dell Mini 10V, and have OS X 10.5.6 running on it within an hour.

Besides, I don't feel that upgrading the friggin' memory on my laptop
should require that I send it off to Apple for an adventure-filled week
in the back of a UPS truck. The whole notion is psychotic -- Buying a
system that has been built to allow parts like DIMMs to be easilly
swapped in and out, and then having the company deny you the ability to
take advantage of what they've just paid for.

I dont think I could ever bring myself to give money to an organization
that feels I can't be trusted with a screwdriver.

Cheers,
Bowie