[Tfug] Semi-off-topic...a good quote of mine made the AZ Star...

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:01:50 MST 2008

<snip>
On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Matthew T. Eskes <meskes at gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel that he's been in office for way too long and starting a long time
> ago, has lost touch with the constituency; a sure sign of bad judgment.
> Then
> again, Tucson has had a reputation of its' own which seems to mirror
> Huckleberry's poor decisions of judgment.

</snip>

This town has been mismanaged for quite some time...Huckleberry is just
one piece of the larger puzzle - what about the mayor, city council, etc?
Do any of them still have touch with the constituency?

In my short existence here in Tucson (pushing 6 years now), how is the city
doing?
How much have we wasted on Rio Nuevo, and have nothing to show for?  Where's
the
new Tucson arena and convention center I remember hearing about when I
arrived here?
What about the fact that we've lost baseball, while it looks like Marana
might snag a team or two
from us?  Spring training (another source of revenue for the city) looks to
be drying up
too.  Hopefully we don't lose the gem show, Tucson's other big money
maker...Where are the
jobs?

Until we get leadership (and not just in Huckleberry's position) that has
vision, and vision that
isn't limited to downtown Tucson, do we expect anything better for this
city?

      - Chris

PS - Yeah, rant-ish, I know...And veering even more OT for the list...

--
Christopher P Robbins
Systems Programmer
Email: robbinsc at gmail.com