[Tfug] Searching for help.

John Lawvere johnlawvere at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 11:41:38 MST 2008

 Hello:
    I can find my way around Linux, but I'm not an expert at it.

    Three years ago, I purchased a system with SUSE Linux. The version of AMD's Core Math Library (ACML) available at the time and the Gnu "C" compiler already installed could not link directly without going through FORTRAN.

   So more recently, I purchased Portland's "C" compiler along with a newer version of ACML and installed it, or at least I thought I did. When I contacted Portland with a description of the behavior, they said it might not have been installed properly or without proper permission.

     I need to get started on a numerical-physics research project soon, so I'm looking for assistance at getting this software installed and running.

   Sincerely,
   John Lawvere