[Tfug] Job Posting - Intern and Developer

Chris Hill ubergeek at ubergeek.tv
Wed Nov 26 11:27:27 MST 2008

Hey all,

I am occasionally looking for awesome people to come work with us. We
are looking for two coders. One is somewhat specialized, one is a
starter position (which someone on this list may be more apt to be
interested in).

Here's our posting:

Hi all,

My company is looking for a couple people to help out with our growing
body of work. We currently are looking for two flex people: A
junior/intern interactive developer and a middle/senior interactive
developer. This is a contract job which would probably last for about 3
months. You would be working on a larger team of people developing an
application for a major brand in Flex. We have offices in Tucson, LA,
and Phoenix, so if you are in those cities that is a plus. You will be
expected to be available for on-site meetings and collaboration.

Intern/Junior Interactive Developer
This is a PART TIME starter contract and you would be tasked with:
Testing - Determining the application functions as expected, and logging
bugs as they are found.
Usability - Providing input on usability issues to the team.
Debugging - Fixing minor bugs where possible.
Styling - Inputting styling information and copy.
Unit testing - Coding unit tests and executing them.

Skills sought:
Ability to work in a team.
Passion for computing.
Solid understanding of object oriented programming, language-independent.
A working knowledge of Flex and Actionscript.
Knowledge of Flash a plus.

You would be reporting to a mid-level developer(not the one below) and
our usability guru. This is a great opportunity for a CS student who
wants to get their foot in the door, or someone who wants to cross-train
over into Flex.

Middle/Senior Interactive Developer
This is a FULL TIME mid-level contract position and you would be tasked
with:
Development - Programming whatever tasks are needed.
Component creation - Ability to create new flex components.

Skills sought :
Ability to work in a team.
A solid understanding of a Cairngorm-style MVC programming style.
Fundamental understanding of Flex's layout and UIComponent architecture.
Ability to write readable modular, loosely coupled code.
Knowledge of Flash a plus.

You would be reporting to our interactive team lead, writing code based
on specs in a fast-paced environment. If you are looking for a fun and
challenging job send us your resume!

Bonus points for reading this far. You may respond to me at chrish at
terralever dot com. Please do not reply with your private info to the
list. :)

Please reply with:
Resume
Availability