[Tfug] What the hell is at these coordinates?

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Mon Nov 24 00:01:32 MST 2008

The motion blur, brightness, and higher resolution arguments I somewhat
accept, but are arguable -I compare to the motion blur of the vehicles
and the dispersion of light from white rooftops.

However, it looks to me that even the position of the blurred object is
not consistent with its shadow: that is, what I assume to be the
position of counter jib, the tower mast, and the crane runway seems
inconsistent with the position of the camera -which is directly
overhead, unlike the Wisconsin Circle shot where the camera is slightly
east and south.

Besides I don't even see a crane runway! Am I blind??

BTW, I assume the crane is not positioned in the middle of the road, but
adjacent to the structure in line with it's shadow.

Maybe the runway is at an angle (pointing south, slightly east -down to
the right) of approximately 275 degrees, consistent with the angle of
the bright white square of the tower mast base, but that still puts the
counter jib shadow in the wrong place, thus my question.

I just consider it a composite shot of some sort, but I still can't
figure it out  (?!)

Charles