[Tfug] Speaking of desktops (little 'd')...

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:19:07 MST 2008

Claude Rubinson wrote:
> Just as an fyi: the logic of the Apple design is that it's impossible
> to overshoot the top edge of the monitor.  By placing the menu bar up
> there, it should minimize missed-clicks.  Of course, this assumes a
> single workspace (or a workspace that you can't scroll past), which
> often isn't the case for X-based desktops.

It is as you say, and my monitors are above-and-below.  The apple top
menu doesn't translate so well, but the *other* standard does just fine
even if it's top/bottom/left/right arrangements.   I would like to call
that a side-effect of superior grouping.  Ah, heck, I just did.

--

http://agileotter.blogspot.com/