[Tfug] OT: WTB monitor cable

Choprboy choprboy at dakotacom.net
Tue May 27 14:20:20 MST 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 10:50, Jeffry Johnston wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just got a 22" CRT monitor, only problem is it did not come with the
> monitor cable (needs a standard 15 pin cable, male on both ends).
> Bought one from Circuit City, but it was pure crap.  The ghosting is
> extreme, most everything I've read indicates a poor quality cable as
> the culprit, which seems about right because it is super thin (I
> bought it on "sale" for $9, but normally it was $34, what an insult!).
>  So I'm wondering if any of you guys have a nice heavy-duty monitor
> cable I could purchase.

I don;t happen to have a cable... but I usually swing by SWS Electronics for
that kind of stuff. They generally ave a good cable selection of all
different SCSI/Serial/VGA, though it has been decreasing over the last
several years.

> Oh, since I'm already writing, I noticed that the ancient Silo
> building next to Park Mall had the "Silo" replaced by "Worldcare".
> What's in there?

Worldcare replaced Silo at that location long long ago, and moved on to their
current location several years back. All that remains is the sign, the
building is otherwise empty as far as I know.

Adrian