[Tfug] OT: WTB monitor cable

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:32:48 MST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Jeffry Johnston <tfug at kidsquid.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just got a 22" CRT monitor, only problem is it did not come with the
> monitor cable (needs a standard 15 pin cable, male on both ends).
> Bought one from Circuit City, but it was pure crap.  The ghosting is
> extreme, most everything I've read indicates a poor quality cable as
> the culprit, which seems about right because it is super thin (I
> bought it on "sale" for $9, but normally it was $34, what an insult!).
>  So I'm wondering if any of you guys have a nice heavy-duty monitor
> cable I could purchase.

I would suggest seeing if somebody will let you take it to their house and
plug it in with their cable and computer just to diagnose the ghosting
issue.

It could be the cable, could be the monitor, could even be environmental
(got a transformer on the other side of the wall)?

I'm a laptop-only guy so can't help you...

Jim