[Tfug] OT: WTB monitor cable

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 20:48:29 MST 2008

Hi, Jeff,

> Just got a 22" CRT monitor, only problem is it did
> not come with the
> monitor cable (needs a standard 15 pin cable, male
> on both ends).
> Bought one from Circuit City, but it was pure crap.
> The ghosting is
> extreme, most everything I've read indicates a poor
> quality cable as
> the culprit, which seems about right because it is
> super thin (I
> bought it on "sale" for $9, but normally it was $34,
> what an insult!).

Yes.  Often cables cheat and don't run a return for
each signal, etc.  (in the belief that ground is
ground is ground, etc.)

>  So I'm wondering if any of you guys have a nice
> heavy-duty monitor
> cable I could purchase.

WorldCare will have a selection -- probably set
you back a whole dollar!  :-/

> Oh, since I'm already writing, I noticed that the
> ancient Silo
> building next to Park Mall had the "Silo" replaced
> by "Worldcare".
> What's in there?

WorldCare *used* to be located there.  I.e., the
Katrina relief effort took place out of that
facility.  A few years ago, they moved to the
Keene school (I think the owner of the Silo
building had plans to demolish or lease it -- he
had previously graciously leased it to WC for
a song, IIRC.  One of the buildings there was
demo-ed but the Silo building still stands...)

IIRC, same entity owns the movie theatre across
the street.