[Tfug] Debian Testing Icedove fonts too small

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Wed May 14 12:13:57 MST 2008

On Sat May 10, 2008 at 09:58:40PM -0700, Claude Rubinson wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 09:32:27PM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> > I upgraded my laptop to Debian Testing (Lenny). After the upgrade
> > both Iceweasel and Icedove application fonts (not just the fonts
> > for pages and emails) are much smaller than they used to be.
>
> Firefox, etc use gtk for font configuration.  I don't know if this
> will work but you might want to check your default gtk fonts.  For
> example, in ~/.gtk-rc-2.0 I have: gtk-font-name = "DejaVu Sans 10"

I poked around but did not have a gtk 2.0 config, but I do have a
1.2 config. I double checked to make sure that I have 2.0, and I
have both 1.2 and 2.0. I am not sure if that could be causing
problems, but I figured it out, though I wonder *why* this
happened. In both, I had to edit the config to set layout.css.dpi
to '0' within iceweasel and icedove.

Thanks for your help.

--
Glen