[Tfug] firefox

christopher skeptikos at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:08:00 MST 2008

> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 04:06:41PM -0700, christopher wrote:
>
> > And for that matter, since opera is giving my problems,
> > I seem to be without browsing options right now. lynx
> > isn't really an option, is it?
>
> Well, what's giving you (functional) problems in Opera?  I'm a wierdo
> and don't have a problem with the default L&F of FireFox 2, but I'm
> strongly thinking about giving the FF3 beta's a try to see if the memory
> usage improves and if it really always saves all windows between
> restarts.  But, knowing what's failig in Opera would help find an
> alternative.

Well, it's fine on my desktop, but my laptop (same
version of course) keeps popping up the error console,
which includes javascript errors and css errors. I'm
sure there is a way to shut it off, but being
preoccupied with noncomputer-related work, I
didn't want to deal with that at the moment and thought
I'd just try to side-step the problem by switching to
FF, which lead to the frustrations in my post. I've
also been thinking about FF because Opera isn't
supported a lot. I know that when sites say "Use
Firefox or IE" or something along those lines, Opera
usually works fine, but my Pima online class, doesn't
give me that option. So yeah, another reason I decided
to try FF.

I'm usually pretty adaptive when it comes to
different software. When OpenOffice was buggy for a
while, I switched to KWord and AbiWord without any
major frustrations, but firefox drove my crazy. Sorry I
can't be more descriptive about my Opera errors.
I'm not a web expert and I could upload the output of
the error console, but really it was just frustration
with the error console and realizing that I couldn't
tolerate the next best alternative. Maybe I just need
to get to know the themes and plugins of FF a bit.

--
christopher <skeptikos at gmail.com>