[Tfug] OT windows: need to vent

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:47:14 MST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:02 AM, christopher <skeptikos at gmail.com> wrote:

> hmm, I wonder if the drm stuff could explain a strange
> distortion in some mp3's I just got from a friend. Xmms
> can't play them right while amarok can, so I guess it
> probably isn't that, but if you know how to fix it,
> let me know. ~ Chris

AFAIK, most Linux distros are DRM free.  There are a few exceptions,
like Xandros and possibly SuSE / Novell.

> --
> if your bands only web presence consists of a myspace
> page, you've just lost a fan.....seriously, myspace?

Yeah, regarding any comminications with the account holders, I see a
lot of similarity between myspace and others like eBay.  However,
considering the difference in revenues between those two entities, it
seems a bit more justifiable in the case of myspace.

--
John