[Tfug] religious nutcakes

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 20:40:45 MST 2008

Eric,

You will find in this world that less than 1% of Muslims are
"nutcakes".  Just like any mainstream religion, there will always be
small ultraconservative groups within it that give every other
follower a bad name.  Should I think that all Christians are nutcakes
because a few of them kill homosexuals and abortion doctors, or wear
white robes and set crosses on fire?  Should I think that all Jews are
nutcakes because a few of them want to ethnically cleanse Palestine?
Should I think that all Hindus are nutcakes because a few of them try
to occasionally burn down Christian churches?  Of course not--it's
false induction.  Likewise, not all Muslims are "nutcakes" just
because a few of them happen to be terrorists.

Regards,
Jude