[Tfug] Virtual Keyboard

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 16:19:42 MST 2008

Hi, Joe,

> > Cool!  I assume you can "adjust" the size of the
> > keyboard -- to some extent -- based on where you
> > position the "projector"?  I.e., if you put a
> > couple of *coasters* (sticking with the "bar"
> > scenario  :> ) under it?
>
> I haven't played with it that much, but I don't
> think you can.  I don't know

<?>  If it is *projected*, then moving the "projector"
further from the surface should cause it to enlarge,
etc.  Of course, no guarantee that the *detector*
will scale similarly...  :-/

<shrug>  It would be fun to play with!  :>

> what programmable controls are available - I haven't
> read the instructions.
>
> > > or back or side, and it works!  You can hear a
> > > slight click sound when typing.
> >
> > How does it know when you have "pressed" a button?
> > Does it watch the tip of your fingers wrt the
> > *surface* onto which it is projecting?  Or, does
> it
> > watch the *motion* of your fingers (i.e., just
> detect
> > "sudden stops").
>
> There seem to be 3 "windows" on the thing.  The top
> one appears to be the
> "projection booth" then there's one about 1/3 up
> from the bottom, and
> another just above the very bottom.  My guess is
> that the lower 2 have
> sensors, probably CCD, and all need to focus, or
> intersect, on the typing
> surface.  I wouldn't be too surprised if you
> couldn't type in "free space",
> but then you wouldn't see the places to go to, to
> get the desired key.  Like

Understood.

> I say, I haven't played much with it.  I was out the
> day it came in, and I
> got to get something else done first.

What could *possibly* be more important than a new
*toy*???  ;-)

> > Does it deal with multiple key presses?  (e.g.,
> > Ctl-Alt-DEL, Shift-J, etc.)
>
> ???? I noticed it didn't have all the Function keys.
>  Insetad it had some
> funny "icon" like keys for the top row. I jst didn't
> think about the
> three-fingered salute.

Or any *other* combinations where one key is
"in the shadow" of another!

--don